Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where to start...

Being OCD has it's problems, but when you add some ADD, it often gets interesting. Like this blog...it actually has the same title as another blog I have kept for a while because I'm simply not clever or inventive enough to come up with a good name. Besides, I liked it before and I still do.

But being OCD, or more precisely in this case, a perfectionist (a still other interesting problem I have), I was waiting until inspiration struck before writing the PERFECT opening blog entry. But then I found another interesting blog through YouTube and realized that I had spent nearly 2 hours of my life surfing YouTube and posting old Waylon Jennings songs to my Facebook page. Oops, was that my ADD again? Perhaps I should have been working? Sleeping? Cleaning the house? Uh, no. My OCD dictated that I needed to find the exact Waylon song that I wanted. Never mind that I searched YouTube numerous ways and apparently no one has seen fit to post the song. I had to keep looking. And it dawned on me, hey, this perfectly showcases my odd little self. Maybe I should, hey! Just START blogging here.

So there you go, the first, admittedly imperfect, step toward recording some of my OCD/ADD adventures. I was 40 years old before I named my problem this way, and 42 before I began the process of stopping feeling guilty over it. Did my OCD ruin my marriage? Was it my ADD? Maybe? Maybe not. Could have been the numerous psychological hangups of my ex-husband, too. Or his ADD. At any rate, I beat myself up for being this way for just about 20 years give or take a month. So, now that it's just me, I figure why not explore it if I can't fix it? Doesn't mean I don't want to fix it, but at this point I'd rather laugh at it than cry over it. I'm having a lot more fun laughing at myself than I ever did crying over it.

Here's to more laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment