Saturday, February 11, 2012

More adventures for ADD!

2012 may very well be the year of new adventures for me, which feels really spectacular. Last night I went to the opera for the very first time in my 45 years on the planet. I did not look like this:















Nor did I look like this:











However, I did receive comments from assorted nameless coworkers and lawyers that wow, I cleaned up well. (insert eyeroll) I should definitely lose 10 pounds before I wear that dress again, however. The corset survived with only minor injuries.

ADD really enjoyed looking at the variety of people who attended and what their idea of appropriate opera attire was. I particularly enjoyed the very young lady two rows in front of me who unselfconsciously exposed her extra curvy shoulders and the palm-sized tattoo between her shoulder blades, and the middle-aged woman attending with an older gentleman who may have borrowed her 5-year-old granddaughter's skirt. I must say, though, she did have the gams for it.

OCD did notice the misspelled word in the English translation electronically projected above the stage for those 98% of us in the audience who were French-impaired. OCD is, however, happy to report that no other misspelled words were at large and so the world is safe.

Therefore, opera is lovely, and something both halves can enjoy thoroughly. I hope it's not another 45 years before I attend again!

1 comment:

  1. love it! :D also, i too am a little of both ADD & OCD, so i GET you! ;D

    ReplyDelete