Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simple things make me happy

Through a wonderfully serendipitous Facebook post, I learned about an opening at a canning workshop put on by Kat of Food, Literature, Philosophy. I was excited beyond all reason - I have always wanted to know how to can, but it's not something I felt comfortable learning from a book. This was the perfect opportunity to listen, learn, and actually touch!

Kat's a great teacher: wonderfully down-to-earth and practical. I have decided that canning suits my ADD perfectly: no time to get bored - when you're done doing one thing, you got to do something else. And yet, the OCD can be completely satisfied by the careful attention paid to sterilizing the jars and wiping the residue, checking to see that all jars are sealed. And after the class, two little jars to take home. Happiness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment