Sunday, March 10, 2013

The fast but satisfying weekend

So, since as we know, God has a sense of humor worthy of the omniscient, all-powerful one, my dearest love The Former Athlete spawned his own mini-me whom I sometimes lovingly refer to as Jock Boy.  Consequently, I went to my first baseball game in about 7 years on Saturday, and, of course, it was 45 minutes from home and was a double header.

OCD was in her element, packing food that would have taken care of twice the people going, as if we were headed for Parts Unknown instead of a rural high school in a town with its own Wal-Mart.  ADD forgot the camera.  And Mama Bear told Jock Boy to "take the pitcher's head off" at his last bat near the end of the second game.  (Hey, the other team was really obnoxious!!!  I despise heckling and poor sportsmanship. Mama Bear was not happy.)

Sunday, I decided to actually cook something and decided to get adventurous with the crock pot.  I found a recipe for chicken that turned out fabulous.  I had it over rice, and DH had an uncut piece with mac & cheese, because that's what he wanted instead of rice.



 My chicken wasn't as pretty, so I didn't take a picture.  But we got the meal and plenty of leftovers since Jock Boy didn't care to try it after seeing what I put into it.

I didn't get any decluttering done this weekend, but I have plans about my next few projects and I am pleased that my kitchen is nearly clean again after the mess I made.  And I'm actually quite anxious to go back through the kitchen and purge more things out of it, now that I'm cooking enough to know what I am really going to use.  I used caution at the major cleanout in September - and yes, even 11 trash bags later, it was still cautious.  I think I have at least one more large bag left needing to go out, if not more.  It still amazes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment