Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday, Monday....not too bad, actually.

Mondays are usually interesting at work...weekends must be an especially trying time for people who are thinking they need a lawyer.  I don't know if it's all the extra time to think, or the proximity to family and, er, loved ones.  We sometimes joke that our biggest day for domestic calls is Monday: "my girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife/neighbor/worst enemy hit/cursed/talked down to/looked wrong at me and I need an attorney really bad."

After being off on Friday due to the ice, I figured it'd be busy.  My assistant did a fabulous job of returning calls and processing referrals very efficiently and my afternoon was not too bad.  Going to start the day off tomorrow with 4 calls to return, as of now, and that's not bad for a Tuesday.

ADD doesn't mind days like today...they are interesting and varied and the time passes quickly by.  OCD stresses a little bit when the number of "deep thought" projects outnumbers the 9 hours I have available each week for planning time, and when 6 hours of that was lost last week with holidays and weather.  Hopefully by Thursday things will quieten down a bit on the incoming calls so I can catch up. 

I'm writing this sitting at the kitchen table while my dearest is cozy on the couch watching a movie on Netflix...or perhaps he's now asleep.  He's not feeling well and so I'm trying to give him a little TLC.  That's the only dim spot an otherwise perfect evening at home.  OCD and ADD are at peace tonight and all is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment