Thursday, May 29, 2014

K.I.S.S. and coffee

So, yesterday's groaner came out of a deep wellspring of emotion that I didn't know I had and which, frankly, shocked me with its intensity.

I was praying in the car this morning for some clarity and trying to understand and work through some of these intense emotions I am feeling right now - what is going ON, is it neurosis or menopause?  what??? - and I resolved anew that I simply am going to have to work harder to keep things simple.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

So that's my focus for the day, the week, the month.  I wrote a post some years ago about what coffee means to me, and I recalled it after walking through the office and smelling the coffee that my coworker is brewing.  Can I just say how nice it is to have a coworker who drinks coffee daily?  The smell is just divine.  It reminds me of home, and my mom's office, and my aunt and uncle's house, and my old office with my friend Ann, and just makes me happy.  So I made myself a cup and doctored it up as usual (no, am still not a real woman to drink it black, mama), and it made my morning brighter.

And I'll be back on Facebook soon, I'm sure.  I already miss some of my friends that I only "see" there with whom I "talk" daily.  I just have to Keep It Simple and depend on grace to shed this negativity suit I've found myself living in.

No comments:

Post a Comment