Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Movie mayhem and my second childhood

Got home from scouts tonight and Charlie thought it would be a great idea to watch a movie together.  (We love Netflix streamed through the Wii, by the way, completely worth the 8 bucks a month.)  We settled on 1996's The Phantom as I remembered it being not a bad movie, not too violent and kind of amusing.  We're enjoying it.  ADD, of course, decided to blog while watching the movie.  What, focus on ONE thing?  Craaaazy, man!

New relationship has me all atwitter these days.  The boys have put up with a lot of silliness from their mother with a great deal of grace, I have to say.  It's just really, really nice to have someone who really wants to be with you, as much as you do them, but who also puts his children first without fail.  Nothing but nothing is as attractive as a good father.  We also have better chaperonage than most teenagers, which is really as fun as it is frustrating.  I'm definitely having more fun now than I remember having then.  Maybe it's because ADD is being given more free rein than I ever have given her.  And I'm a million times more confident than I was then.

Poor little OCD has to content herself with being given her head at work.  But that makes the boss happy, so   who cares?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment